Serial 1

Author Topic: 3,600 foot climb and 32 miles report on RC Speed  (Read 2500 times)

Frank

• View Profile
3,600 foot climb and 32 miles report on RC Speed
« on: August 18, 2021, 04:48:30 PM »
So I decided to take the S1 up our local hill named "Gibaltar". The climb profile loooks like the pic below, 3,600 feet of continuous climbing, followed by a ride along the mountain top for 12 miles and then a descent. This ride was designed to test the motor, the battery and the brakes.

Now that I had adjusted my Brose to have Tour be 50% power, that was my setting for the entire climb, with cadence at 80, which is better for the slope.
The average grade was 5.5% for the climb. At the top at mile 12.2 there was 40% battery remaining (thanks to finding the battery percentage setting in the Brose setup).

I then rode about 12 more miles on mostly flat terrain. At the end of those 12 miles, the battery was 13%. Still good, and I wanted to see if I could deplete the battery.

On the descent, I used both brakes equally and maintained speed at about 25 MPH. I ended the ride with 10% battery. Overall, it was a successful ride.

I got a good amount of exercise. It never felt hard, but I was working which was good. My impression of this bike is that it has great road feel and driver response. This is to me a sport bike, fun and lively. It amplifies my riding efforts in a good way, almost like a road bike does, but with the added distance you get from an ebike.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3,600 foot climb and 32 miles report on RC Speed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 07:47:38 PM »
That's a pretty impressive range given the hill. Thanks for sharing.

Tonyg

• View Profile
Re: 3,600 foot climb and 32 miles report on RC Speed
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 09:49:09 AM »
Very interesting and glad to hear your RC Speed performed satisfactory.   That is a ride I would enjoy.   Thanks for posting !