Serial 1

Author Topic: How waterproof are Serial 1 electric bikes?  (Read 2295 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How waterproof are Serial 1 electric bikes?
« on: February 18, 2021, 02:07:54 AM »
One thing I forgot to ask about when I did my Serial 1 review was how waterproof are the Serial 1 electric bikes. I reached out to Serial 1 and here was their response: "All of the components are designed and tested to withstand a harsh riding environment including torrential downpours of rain."

So it sounds like the Serial 1 bikes should stand up pretty well to rain.  8)

Joeguy

• Die with memories, not dreams
    • View Profile
Re: How waterproof are Serial 1 electric bikes?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 03:19:02 AM »
One thing I forgot to ask about when I did my Serial 1 review was how waterproof are the Serial 1 electric bikes. I reached out to Serial 1 and here was their response: "All of the components are designed and tested to withstand a harsh riding environment including torrential downpours of rain."

So it sounds like the Serial 1 bikes should stand up pretty well to rain.  8)

Since bikes are not shipping yet and I don’t expect to get mine for several months and since I can’t find any info about them other than what is on the website one of my concerns is the battery drops in from to top, what’s the possibility that water could penetrate around it and then maybe reach to contact point between battery and bike?   I wonder where that contact happens inside the bike?  Hopefully they have really good seals around it or it’s well protected.  I guess I could just not ride in the rain but it can rain for days some years.   Water always seems to penetrate through the smallest of openings. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:22:34 AM by Joeguy »
AnOldKoot