Serial 1

Author Topic: Compare 0-20 MPH torque on Rush CTY v Rush City Speed  (Read 2271 times)

BagleyBrown

• View Profile
Compare 0-20 MPH torque on Rush CTY v Rush City Speed
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:26:27 PM »
Greetings!
First post, ordered a Rush CTY bike last night, decided to stay 100% clearly legal class 1 for our houses in NJ and DE.

I only play on a bike, so can live with 20MPH, but I am also larger, 6'4" and 260, so torque off the line and up to 20 is my primary interest.

Has anyone driven both? 
I fear the more I think about this, the more likely I am to also order an RC Speed.

Also, if you have received a bike? From the preorder?  How long did you wait, current indication is April 29 or sooner for my bike.  Any chance these are shipping sooner? :)

Lastly, thanks for the boards, hope they fill in as these bikes hit the streets!

DailyLow

• View Profile
Re: Compare 0-20 MPH torque on Rush CTY v Rush City Speed
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 07:55:54 PM »
I don't think any dealers have the Speed yet, but maybe someone here attended one of the test-ride events a few months ago.

The Rush and Rush Speed do have slightly different motors, but Brose claims that the torque is the same. Well, the peak torque is the same - I didn't see a torque curve anywhere.

I haven't ordered a Serial 1 yet, but I have a similar Brose Mag 90nm motor on my Class 1 Specialized bike, and while torque is always best at low speeds, it's still got quite a bit at 20. I would think it would be fine...but then, I'm 100lbs lighter. I hope it works for you; please let us know once you have it.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:53:10 AM »
Greetings!
First post, ordered a Rush CTY bike last night, decided to stay 100% clearly legal class 1 for our houses in NJ and DE.

I only play on a bike, so can live with 20MPH, but I am also larger, 6'4" and 260, so torque off the line and up to 20 is my primary interest.

Has anyone driven both? 
I fear the more I think about this, the more likely I am to also order an RC Speed.

Also, if you have received a bike? From the preorder?  How long did you wait, current indication is April 29 or sooner for my bike.  Any chance these are shipping sooner? :)

Lastly, thanks for the boards, hope they fill in as these bikes hit the streets!

Welcome to the forum! I did ride both as part of their test rides but sadly I didn't get enough time to really dig into comparing the two in-depth. From my understanding, there isn't a significant difference between these motors. I outlined what I could find out in this post, including specs directly from Brose on the motors: https://ebikeescape.com/serial-1-ebikes-review-walkthrough/

Joeguy

• Die with memories, not dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 04:17:56 AM »
Greetings!

Has anyone driven both? 

I pre-ordered mine in January.     Still waiting April has come and gone.    I got an email from Serial 1 saying as promised, we began shipping Serial 1 eBikes this month and are continuing to deliver orders as quickly as we can. Our team has been working hard around the clock to get you in the saddle as soon as possible. If you ordered a RUSH/CTY SPEED, they are still scheduled to begin delivering this summer. We’ll keep you updated as things progress.   

The snow has finally melted away here and I am eager to get mine and start riding.   
AnOldKoot