Serial 1

Author Topic: Handlebar diameter and seat post?  (Read 2618 times)

Frank

• View Profile
Handlebar diameter and seat post?
« on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:49 PM »
I am looking to buy some bar end mirrors dor safety and wa t to know the diameter of the handlebars?

Also, the seat post diameter for my. Brooks spring seat?

Joeguy

• Die with memories, not dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Handlebar diameter and seat post?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 12:09:29 AM »
Flat handlebars have a grip diameter of 22.2 mm.    Road or drop bars have a diameter of 23.8 mm because  we can’t have one set standard for both.  Go figure.   
I saw some that go in the bar ends that were slick. 
Seat post diameter I haven’t got a clue.   
I figured I’d wait until I got my bikes/manual and go from there. 
Good luck. 
AnOldKoot

DailyLow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 08:00:55 PM »
I took the seat post out of a Serial 1 today. To my dismay, it was not the 30.9 that my current e-bikes use, so I couldn't plug in my suspension post and seat.

But I did have a tape measure. It looked to be about 1 and 1/16th inch, which is about 27mm. According to Wikipedia, "The most common size is 27.2 mm (1.07 in) for most bikes, especially for the higher-quality models".

You can also email Serial 1 support (support@serial1.com). I have found them to be extremely helpful.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 02:49:13 AM »
I took the seat post out of a Serial 1 today. To my dismay, it was not the 30.9 that my current e-bikes use, so I couldn't plug in my suspension post and seat.

But I did have a tape measure. It looked to be about 1 and 1/16th inch, which is about 27mm. According to Wikipedia, "The most common size is 27.2 mm (1.07 in) for most bikes, especially for the higher-quality models".

You can also email Serial 1 support (support@serial1.com). I have found them to be extremely helpful.

The seatpost should have a marking on it as well. Sometimes you need a flashlight to make it out. One brand to look at as far as bar end mirrors is Hafny. Lots of options depending on your preference. They also make some great pedals though are not available online. Here is a post I did a while back on mirrors: https://ebikeescape.com/mirrors-electric-bike/