Serial 1

Author Topic: I am ordering a speed today.  (Read 2984 times)

Frank

• View Profile
I am ordering a speed today.
« on: March 11, 2021, 09:38:31 PM »
I own an ebike now. It is mid engine and I have to replace the chain annually. No more!  It has a derailleur that needs maintenance. No more!  I had the chain come off going over a bump and got grease everywhere. No more!  I have to shift a lot and forget to downshift before stopping.  No more!

I am buying this bike more for the quality of the build than for the name. But it is still a Harley, my first.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I am ordering a speed today.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 12:49:07 AM »
Hi Frank! Welcome to the forum. Curious what ebike you currently have. It is surprising that you are burning through a chain every year.

Congrats on the Speed - I hope you enjoy it!

Joeguy

• Die with memories, not dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 10:31:34 PM »
Congrats Frank on your purchase of the speed model.    I’m also wondering what e-bike burns through a chain a year.   That seems excessive but since I don’t have an e-bike I wouldn’t know.   I’m also stoked about these Serial 1 e-bikes it will be nice not worrying about adjusting derailleurs or oiling chains.  These are great builds.   
AnOldKoot

Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 09:40:10 PM »
Hi Frank! Welcome to the forum. Curious what ebike you currently have. It is surprising that you are burning through a chain every year.

I have a specialized como. I ride daily and live near mountains, which means full power mode uphill. Midengine drives chew thru chains generally. The belt drive is a must have for me, mostly for the low maintenance. And derailleurs are lighter and less expensive, but are another area of maintenance. Internal hub motors are way better.  I hope the Enviolo automatic lives up to its promise and becomes invisible while I ride.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 12:53:19 AM »

I have a specialized como. I ride daily and live near mountains, which means full power mode uphill. Midengine drives chew thru chains generally. The belt drive is a must have for me, mostly for the low maintenance. And derailleurs are lighter and less expensive, but are another area of maintenance. Internal hub motors are way better.  I hope the Enviolo automatic lives up to its promise and becomes invisible while I ride.

I can't wait to hear how it goes because it sounds like you will be really putting your Serial 1 to the test.

Serial 1 Owners Forum